How do you define a classy woman?
A classy woman displays self-respect, class, appreciation and etiquette.
A lady who possessed grace and elegance starts with the state of mind. Practice until it becomes part of her life. Being a classy woman isn’t only based on the outside appearance, and it is more than just the clothes we wear. It is seen in how she carries herself and the way she shows up in the world.
Disclaimer: Please be advised, this site contains an affiliate link that I might earn a small amount of commission that doesn’t cost anything to you. Thank you!
How To Become The Woman With Elegance & Grace?
- Evaluate Yourself. Self-evaluation consists of assessing your life. Only you can determine if you are happy with the life you are currently living. Most of us live like a hamster on the wheel, repeating the same cycle because we are afraid to step out of our comfort zone.
2. Change Your Thoughts. Think about what you are thinking about. When a thought appears in your mind you have two choices either reject it or entertain it.
How should we think?
8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8 NIV
3. Act You Become. I borrowed this phrase from the British School of Etiquette. Practice leads you to progression. Before it becomes second nature, you must do it repeatedly until it becomes a habit.
Our attitude is like a piece of a garment that we wear like a garment.
"Put on tender mercies, longsuffering, humility, meekness, bearing with one another, and forgiving one another."
4. Mind Your Own Business. To be portrayed as a woman with grace and elegance “aspire to lead a quiet life to mind your own business.” Gossip is a waste of time and energy. The only life you can control is yours and not others so instead of consuming being in somebody else’s business, why not concentrate on your own life.
“Aspire to lead a quiet life to mind our own business.”– Thessalonians 4:11
5. Develop A Good Reputation. A lady with class and grace doesn’t try to attract attention to herself and strives to live a quiet life. Don’t we have enough drama? The reality shows we watched on television who are attention seekers who want nothing but drama.
How is your reputation? Are you trying to seek attention to yourself and live a scandalous life?
“A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches.”Proverbs 9:22
6. The Law of Sowing and Reaping. When we plant corn we will harvest corn. In the same manner, the choices we make today can have an impact tomorrow.
The question we must ask ourselves is, what kind of legacy we want to pass to our children?
7. Live With Grace. Grace is described as simple elegance. Life shouldn’t be complicated. However, only we ourselves complicate things. Misunderstandings cannot be avoided between husbands and wives but I’ve learned through the years of being a married woman, we can exude grace by picking which battle to fight.
Furthermore, as a Christ-follower we must radiate a character like our Lord Jesus Christ. We are a city set on a hill, a light in this dark world. I know it is easier said than done. We may not always get it right all the time, but as long as we repent, admit our shortcomings, and do our best not to make the same mistakes again. God’s mercies are new every morning that we can start fresh tomorrow if we ever made some wrong choices today. That’s all we can do.
8. Speak Life. “Let your speech always be with grace seasoned with salt that you may know how you ought to answer each one.” – Colossians 4:6
The abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. To speak life towards others, we must think about what goes into our minds. Don’t expect to speak life when you have consumed your days watching too much violence. You must be intentional on what you watch and listen so that can influence your thoughts and words.
Words can stab you like a knife and it is something you can’t take it back. Words can penetrate the soul of a person that can affect her or his emotional psyche.