a fabricated story, especially one intended to deceive. A children’s story about magic and imaginary lands.
Many of us grew up who watched fairy tale movies that had happy endings like Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty to name a few. They were rescued by their Prince Charming. However, as we grew up and dated some men who broke hearts that left us wounded. Then what?
What happened to the fairytales we watched?
Was it only a lie and make-believe? We bought a lie that we are somehow going to marry a perfect man or a Prince Charming who knows exactly what to say when we are feeling sad or down. A man who truly understands our pain and wholeheartedly listens to our complaints.
Welcome to reality, ladies!
I grew up disappointed and betrayed by expecting my life to turn out the way I have watched from movies. Only to find out those were make-believe and based on fiction.
What do we do when we find ourselves married to a Commoner and not a Prince?
Is love not possible? Does happiness only exist in those fairy tale movies? Well, we can do something about it by creating the kind of life we wanted to create that is full of love, life, and happiness.
Marriage is one of the ministries that God entrusted to his daughters. Therefore, we must be willing to act and think like a Queen for we are no longer Princesses who were sold to a fairy tale.
Proverbs 31:10, “Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies, the heart of her husband safely trusts her. She does him good and not evil, all the days of her life."
How Does A Queen Rule?
A queen is “the female ruler of an independent state, especially one who inherits the position by right of birth.”Dictionary.com
A Wise Woman
She is the ruler of her household. She girds herself with strength and honor. She oversees her household so that there is no lack.
Have you noticed that most of the fairy tale movies are for the Princesses but not much about being a queen?
A queen is far more powerful than a Princess. So I think ladies, it is about time to rule like a queen. By making sure everything and everyone is properly governed. Do not underestimate your power as a mother queen.
You must take charge of your throne by treating your family and household as your kingdom
It is time to put the childishness aside. Act like Queen instead of a Princess.
Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4 Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.Titus
- Husbands first before children. Ladies, we must remember that our husband is first and foremost before our children. We must tend to their needs physically and emotionally. I understand being a mother myself we have too much on our plate that by the time we get to making love with our husbands we are too tired, but make time anyway.
- Time Management. We must not take on too many responsibilities so that we have room for ourselves and our husbands. We live in a society where we are taking on so much responsibility and we have no room to enjoy and have fun with our spouse.
- Make your home a haven to come home to. It is essential that we must strive to keep our place orderly, neat, and clean. Not to say that I do it all the time, but at least aim for a well-organized place if possible before your husbands come home from a stressful day at work.
- Meal Preparation. Have you heard of this phrase, “a man’s heart is through his belly?” I am not telling you how to live your life. But if you want to be the queen-mother, if possible, have a meal ready. Prepare a meal before your husband comes home. There is something about food that comforts a man’s soul especially when it is made out of love.
- Self-Care. Ladies, we must strive to look presentable and not take ourselves for granted. Take the time to shower, dress up, and apply make-up on for your husbands.