If you have been wondering if blogging is still the fad for 2021? Well, I think it still is. If you enjoy reading good articles and writing, I think blogging will never be a thing of the past. Blogging brings informational purposes and my prediction is that it just going to progress over the years. I have been on this blogging journey on & off. Then last year before the pandemic hit, I had the inkling feeling that prompted me to start a blog. At first, I started with a name, myheartisspokenfor.com. Soon after I changed it to my name which I only added a “life” prefix followed by my full name Glennavelle. And that’s when lifewithglennavelle.com is born.
Click the banner to start your blog today.
Why Did I Start A Blog?
The first blog I have ever written was in my college years using a free host at Blogger.com. However, due to my busy schedule, I never persisted and I stopped it altogether. Fast forward, I have decided to launch my blog again in the middle of a pandemic in 2020 and make it a full-time business. Blogging is hard work. It takes consistency. What I’ve learned is that you can’t just post whenever you feel like it if you want to have enough traction and build a fan-based. You must try to at least write twice a week or even once a week. In my case, I am trying to at least post a blog twice a week or even more. At first, I’ve never really taken my blogging journey seriously until I have discovered that there’s a potential of making a passive income. I was then more eager of putting in enough time and effort to write more content, not just for financial reasons. Aside from wanting to earn an income, I needed an outlet for a creative genius like myself. But definitely, making money is just the icing on the cake. But I know I have a lot to share. Keep in mind, quality is far better than quantity. Not to say that you must be perfect. At least, do the best you know how to have quality content where readers are willing to read your post time and time again.
Steps In Starting Your Blog
Step 1: Choose a Hosting Plan
Site Ground has three plans which you can choose from:
- The StartUp plan is perfect for people with one website that is starting now.
- The GrowBig plan is a great value for money offer, including the option for multiple websites and the Ultrafast PHP that greatly improves website speed.
- The GoGeek plan is perfect for people with e-commerce and larger sites, or more geeky development needs like more server resources and GIT integration.
Click the link below to start your blog today. You can sign up for any of them with a great discount through my affiliate link.
Step 2: Choose a Domain Name
You can choose to buy a new domain, or sign up with an existing domain. Siteground offer a wide range of domain extensions at awesome prices. A domain name is the first thing you must consider before you purchase a hosting site. Make sure, it isn’t complicated. I believe in keeping it simple. Something that people will not forget and it’s easy to remember. If you already have an existing domain name, transferring it will not going to be an issue with Siteground. To consider transferring your domain to Siteground, click here to follow the steps.
Step 3: Review and Complete the Order
Unlike many other hosting providers, Siteground advertised discount applies to any of the initial periods chosen during the sign-up process. Being able to get the low price for the one-year period is a fact that increases conversions greatly in comparison to other providers where the lowest monthly price applies only for the longest period. Congratulations on deciding to launch your blog this year. It is never too late to start. If you have a passion for writing, then there’s no better place to share your thoughts on your blog. There are endless niches you can choose from. Just don’t limit yourself.
Add Photos & Elements On Your Blog
When writing a blog, add as many photos as you like. It brings life to your blog. Visuals make your blog stand out. At first, I was only using my Google Pixel 4 XL cellphone in taking photographs. The beautiful thing about this Google camera is clear and it gives you the ability to take photos even at night. The quality is wonderful, and they just added a new feature where they’ll correct their photos for you of the recommended standard. Additionally, I can transfer my files directly to my Gmail account to give me enough storage to take more photos on my phone.
Then, I finally decided to purchase a camera, for blogging and vlogging purposes. I just bought the Canon Powershot SX620 HS. This camera is worth your buck. Just a right fit for traveling and for vlogging. It is easy to use. Even if it doesn’t come with a manual when I purchased it, you can search it online on how to navigate the buttons. It’s self-explanatory. The menu is easy to navigate. I think this is a good camera to start with especially when you are just starting. You don’t want to spend so much on a camera.
I got mine from Walmart. However, Amazon has a better bundle because as it turns out mine never came with a memory card which I have to buy separately. Amazon is where the best bundle to consider buying from. I didn’t get a chance to compare prices and accessories because I was rushing in buying the camera as soon as possible. Lesson learned.
What Is It For Me?
Click Banner To Sign-up & To Get You Going!
Through my research, I’ve never thought you can make potential income with your blog that only requires a few amounts of dollars monthly to invest. At first, I was only doing this because I have always wanted something to express my creative side. But I became even more serious and focus the moment I’ve discovered that there are plenty of ways to monetize your blog. Not that I have achieved earnings as of yet, but I am hopeful.
Ways to earn money on your blog are through:
- Affiliate Marketing– To give you a simple explanation, this is a product or a service that you promote using a link through your website. You can review a certain product or service you have experienced from this company, and if you get a sale, you will get a commission. You are the middleman just simply promoting somebody else’s product.
- Sponsorship. I believe with sponsorship you have to get approved by the company to sponsor you. I haven’t tried this one as of yet. But I have read through many blogs that you can actually make potential income through sponsorship. I think you will have to pitch a convincing statement on why should they be willing enough to sponsor you. It’s worth a try. However, make sure to find a company that resonates with you. I believe you can work easier for a company that has the same values and principles as you have.
- Ads. Ads were something I wasn’t going to consider. At first, I thought they were just a nuisance. I once visited a blogsite and ads were distracting me because of too many ads popping here and there. Unbeknownst to me, I didn’t know that’s how these bloggers were making money by placing ads. A great way to start is through google ads sense. Obviously, there are plenty of ads you can apply but google is a good start because it doesn’t require you to have a certain amount of page views.
Scroll Down Below On How To Start A Google Ads sense
Create an AdSense account
Sign up for AdSenseNote: If you use Blogger or YouTube (or another AdSense partner), you should sign up for AdSense via your account there as these products follow a different process. For more information, see Advertise on your Blogger blog or Sign up for AdSense via YouTube.
2. Activate your AdSense account
To activate your AdSense account complete the following tasks:
3. Wait for your site to be reviewed
We review your entire site to check it complies with the AdSense Program policies. When we’re done, we send you an email with details on your activation status. This usually takes a few days, but in some cases can take up to 2 weeks. Learn more about the waiting time for a fully activated AdSense account.
4. Start showing ads
When your AdSense account is fully activated, you’re ready to start showing ads. Learn how to set up ads on your site.
To help you run a successful AdSense account, we recommend Your guide to AdSense.
If we can’t activate your AdSense account
In some situations, we can’t activate your AdSense account. Depending on the reason, you might be able to resume the activation process. For more information, see: What to do if AdSense can’t activate your account.
To summarize, if you have been thinking of starting to launch your blog this year. Just start. Start before you are ready. Granted, if you wait around for the right timing, it may never come. Consider sitting down and write down possible ideas on what kind of domain name you want to then find your niche. Writing down my ideas in a journal has helped me see my vision clearly. Give it a try!