Disclaimer: Please be advised. This site contains an affiliate link. With your purchase, I might earn a small portion of the commission that will not cost you anything extra. Thank you!
Today, I will be sharing my morning skincare routine. Previously, I just posted about my nighttime skincare routine. Click the link here, if you are interested to know the products I use for nighttime. Most of the products I have been using help with sensitive & dry skin combinations which I have, as well as affordability. I can’t emphasize this enough, the earlier you take good care of your skin, the better to decrease the signs of aging. Aging is unpreventable but by taking good care of our skin at a young age, we can age gracefully. Our skin is the largest organ in our body. We can be beautiful from the inside out by drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day. It can also help our skin to look supple & healthy. And don’t forget to include on your meal a myriad of fruits and vegetables. It consists of anti-oxidants, minerals & vitamins. Then engage in rigorous activities such as pilates, yoga, cardio even doing household chores to sweat out any bad toxins out of your body. We can’t just treat our skin from the outside by slathering the creams on our faces. Prevention from aging starts from the inside.
- I wash my face using either the Cetaphil facial cleanser or the Neogen that has a tea extract. I interchangeably use them depending on my mood that day.
- Some other days when I want to double cleanse. I use the All Balm Clean that gives extra moisturizing on your skin. A small amount on your palm goes a long way. I work from my neck to my face & temple going upwards and massaging them gently.
- As soon as I towel dry my face, I then apply a toner. I am currently using Bonajour. This product contains organic green tea & hyarolunic acid which helps a lot to someone like me who is prone to have sensitive skin.
- Once the toner has dried out, I then apply my daily moisturizer Derma-E. This product also has Hyaluronic Acid. It delivers intense moisture, infusing skin with healthy hydration. Green Tea: Antioxidant-rich helps reduce redness & inflammation to defend skin from environmental stressors. Vitamin E: Helps soften & smooth the appearance of skin for a younger-looking complexion by locking in moisture.
- Then, I apply my SPF daily either using my Cetaphil or the Olay. I switch between the two. I’ve never used to apply sunblock growing up. As a young girl, I still recall how my mom would remind me and my siblings to not get expose ourselves to the sun between 10 am until 4 pm due to the UV ray that can eventually cause skin damage. Although exposure to the sunlight is essential to attain our vitamin D only for a certain period of time. I have still implemented this rule to this day.
- Finally, to lock in moisture, I use oil. The oil container is actually from the Physicians Formula, but I ran out of it. So, I’ve replaced it instead with olive oil. You can also use coconut oil. Olive oil has many vitamins, including A, D, and K, as well as vitamin E.